Monday, December 9, 2013

5 Australian Beauty Product Must-Haves

By Kimberly Nissen, Australia, Global Expert
Born and raised in Sydney, Australia, Kimberly started her working life early at the tender age of 15. For most of the past 10 years, she has worked for some of the biggest media corporations her sunny country has had to offer. She always wanted to become a writer, but with no training and never having finished high school, it didn’t look like it was going to happen, but then she created The Plastic Diaries and The Styleless Diaries. She also co-founded the first niche-specific blogging event in Australia, the Australian Beauty Bloggers Weekend.


In my first Temptalia questionnaire I touched on some of my favourite Australian beauty brands and products. Limiting myself to just five favorites with only a couple of words to explain why was torturous. I am a beauty loving blogger, I need to rant and rave! Today, we are exploring that topic a little deeper (phew!), and I am excited to share with you my current 5 must-have Australian products. These are the products I believe each person should receive as they disembark the plane when visiting Australia. They make us proud.

Blush Patrol by Napoleon Perdis

I only recently discovered the amazing-ness of baked powder (aka Mineralize) products, and very few Australian cosmetic companies had ventured into that booming corner of the market until recently. My first experience with a baked powder was with this blush by Napoleon Perdis. The recently revamped Blush Patrol was already a smash hit for the brand. The mix of frosty bronze-pink and milky pink-crème colours makes it wearable for most skin tones. It is a shimmer overload but of the highest grade, and there is zero fall-out which should be expected of a baked product. This is my go-to, don’t need to think about it, goes-with-everything blush.  Available from Napoleon Perdis, $50

Eyeshadow Primer by Australis Cosmetics

Like most girls in the world, I love Urban Decay’s Primer Potion for keeping eye shadow on my lids. Unfortunately, it isn’t the most budget-friendly product and unless you are in the USA, it is just about impossible to get. Luckily, we have our very own dupe UDPP dupe from Australis Cosmetics. The primer comes in a pink ‘lipgloss-style’ tube with a doe foot applicator. The formula is quite creamy but not as creamy as UDPP. It appears to be a sheer cream color at first but blends out on the lid to virtually clear. I have oily lids that crease easily, and this lid primer turns any eyeshadow into vibrant, long-lasting color without a hitch.  Available from Australis Cosmetics, AU $12.95

Face Base Primer by Face Of Australia

We all know the importance of face primers but finding the right one is essential. I love Face Base because it sinks into the skin rather than sitting on the surface. It leaves the skin feeling smooth and hydrated, instead of silky and oily like most silicone-based primers can.  It is a no-fuss, affordable product that I cannot recommend enough.  Available from Fashion Addict, $11.95

Tinted Daywear SPF30 + by Invisible Zinc

If there is one thing I believe in more than anything, it is that sunscreen is the most vital part of any anti-aging regimen. In Australia, that belief couldn’t apply more. In our sunny country, UVA is just as damaging as UVB so it is important to be protected from both at all times. Invisible Zinc is a brand that prides itself on doing just that.
My current pick of their products is the Tinted Daywear, which has all the goodness of their moisturizing sunscreen plus the additional goodness of a tint. I find this particularly important because usually sunscreen as strong as this one usually leaves me looking a little extra white, so having the tint means I am protected without looking like a ghost.  It comes in two shades, Light and Medium.  Available from New London Pharmacy, $42

Lanolips Lip Ointment With Colour SPF15 in Mulberry

Every girl needs a good lip balm, and the love of my life at the moment is a new release from Lanolips just for Christmas. Black mulberries happen to be my favourite fruit. Lanolips must have known this when they decided to juice them for a limited edition ointment. Lip Ointment With Colour has been a staple for many Lanolips fans, but this new release smells amazing and leaves your lips tinted a luscious, dark berry hue. The colour is so spot on that it actually reminds me of how dyed my lips looked after eating a bucket full of freshly picked mulberries. It also contains the protection of SPF15 which is an essential to keep lips looking young.  Available from Adore Beauty, AU $13.95

No comments:

Post a Comment